Welcome to the Transportation Department at Stockbridge Community Schools!
To those of you that are new to our district WELCOME, and to those of you that are returning WELCOME BACK. I hope that everyone enjoyed their summer and are ready for a successful school year.
We appreciate your assistance in helping the Transportation Department with keeping our buses running on time. All of us are looking forward to an awesome “Thumbs Up” DAY.
Just a few reminders that will help all of us to have a successful year are below:
1. All students are required to be at the bus stop 5 minutes prior to their pickup times. Please keep in mind that in the afternoon buses may arrive earlier than their estimated arrival time. Our bus drivers do not know what students will be riding in the afternoon so they may arrive 10-15 minutes earlier than scheduled. For our elementary students, school dismissal time is 3:35 pm. A good measure would be to be home by 3:45 pm.
2. Students (K thru 2) are required to have a parent or guardian visible for these students to be dropped of. If you unable to be at the bus stop, PLEASE contact us @ 517-851-8452. All students will be brought back to the transportation office located in the Smith Elementary School. Please use Door # 25 for student pickup.
3. Toys/stuffed animals/books etc will no longer be allowed on the bus due to COVID guidelines.
4. Bus times and locations have be determined on the prior school year's information. If your student has information that is incorrect for this school year, PLEASE contact me ASAP. Please do not wait to contact me on the first day of school for these changes. Bus change requests will begin on September 14, 2020.
5. Each family has a two stop policy. For example: If parents/guardian are not together and there is shared custody in the district then those will count as two stops. If students have a home stop and go to grandparents after school that is considered two stops. If the student has a home stop, sitter stop and grandparent stop that is considered three stops and will not be permitted.
6. JRSR High School bus changes must be made no later that 1:00 pm and elementary changes no later than 2:00 pm. Any daily changes after these times will not be permitted.
7. No bus passes will be allowed for the first 3 weeks of school. Bus passes issued will start the week of September 21, 2020. If your student is going home with a friend, please provide them with a written note so that they can obtain a bus pass from the building secretaries. If your student do not have a bus pass they will not be allowed to ride home with friends. Phone calls will no longer be places on the school bus for permission.
8. Medications can no longer be transported on the school bus. Parents/guardians must deliver any medication directly to the school office that they are attending.
9. JRSR high school students are not permitted to ride the K-6 school bus home with their younger siblings.
10. Late start times will be included on your bus information sheet. Our first late start date is September 17th, 2020. Students will be dismissed from school at their normal time. JRSR Start times 10:12 AM, Heritage & Smith Start Times 11:25 AM.
LATE START DATES: September 17th, October 8th, October 29th, November 19th, December 10th, January 21st, February 18th, March 18th, April 29th, May 20th.
2020-21 Bus Route Limits
Bus route letters to parents/guardians will be mailed to you the week of August 10th-14th, 2020. Bus Routes are updated throughout the school year. All students pickup and drop times are subject to change. The driver will notify any changes to your students directly or with a note home to parents/guardians.
Any changes need to be made in writing to the transportation office no later than 3:00 pm on August 19, 2020. There will be no changes or bus passes allowed until Monday, September 21, 2020.
Bus Route Changes maybe emailed to Kim Carpenter.
Wilson Talent Center Transportation Information
The district will provide morning Wilson Talent Center (WTC) transportation on late start Days. The morning WTC bus departs at 7:16 am in front of the High School. Morning students will return to the High School at approximately 11:10 am daily. The afternoon WTC bus will depart at 10:55 am in front of the High School. Afternoon WTC students will return to the High School at approximately 3:00 pm daily.
WTC (Wilson Talent Center) students will not be required to ride the WTC bus to and from school as long as the proper documentation/provisions that are set per School Board Policy are in place at the high school.