Welcome to the Transportation Department at Stockbridge Community Schools!
To those of you that are new to our district WELCOME, and to those of you that are returning WELCOME BACK. I hope that everyone enjoyed their summer and are ready for a successful school year.
We appreciate your assistance in helping the Transportation Department with keeping our buses running on time. All of us are looking forward to an awesome “Thumbs Up” DAY.
Just a few reminders that will help all of us to have a successful year are below:
Students must wear masks at all times on the bus. Hand sanitizing dispensers are mounted near the service door entrance for students to sanitize their hands prior to them being seated on the bus.
1. All students are required to be at the bus stop 5 minutes prior to their pickup times. Please keep in mind that in the afternoon buses may arrive earlier than their estimated arrival time. Our bus drivers do not know what students will be riding in the afternoon so they may arrive 10-15 minutes earlier than scheduled. For our elementary students, school dismissal time is 3:35 pm. A good measure would be to be home by 3:45 pm.
2. Students (K thru 2) are required to have a parent or guardian visible for these students to be dropped of. If you unable to be at the bus stop, PLEASE contact us @ 517-851-8452. All students will be brought back to the transportation office located in the Smith Elementary School. Please use Door # 25 for student pickup.
3. Toys/stuffed animals/books etc will no longer be allowed on the bus due to COVID guidelines.
4. Bus times and locations have be determined on the prior school year's information. If your student has information that is incorrect for this school year, PLEASE contact me ASAP. Please do not wait to contact me on the first day of school for these changes.
5. Each family has a two stop policy. For example: If parents/guardian are not together and there is shared custody in the district then those will count as two stops. If students have a home stop and go to grandparents after school that is considered two stops. If the student has a home stop, sitter stop and grandparent stop that is considered three stops and will not be permitted.
6. JRSR High School bus changes must be made no later that 1:00 pm and elementary changes no later than 2:00 pm. Any daily changes after these times will not be permitted.
7. Bus passes have been suspended for the 2021-2022 due to student ridership and COVID contact tracing.
8. Medications can no longer be transported on the school bus. Parents/guardians must deliver any medication directly to the school office that they are attending.
9. JRSR high school students are not permitted to ride the K-6 school bus home with their younger siblings.
10. Students half day schedules are as follows: Wednesday, October 13th, Wednesday, February 2nd, Wednesday, March 16th & Wednesday, May 18th.
Student dismissal times for half day: JRSR high school @ 10:42 & Smith/Heritage @ noon.
2021-22 Bus Route Limits
Bus Routes are updated throughout the school year. All students pickup and drop times are subject to change. The driver will notify any changes to your students directly or with a note home to parents/guardians.
Bus Route Changes maybe emailed to Kim Carpenter @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Wilson Talent Center Transportation Information
The district will provide morning Wilson Talent Center (WTC) transportation on late start Days. The morning WTC bus departs at 7:13 am in front of the High School. Morning students will return to the High School at approximately 11:15 am daily. The afternoon WTC bus will depart at 10:50 am in front of the High School. Afternoon WTC students will return to the High School at approximately 3:00 pm daily.
WTC (Wilson Talent Center) students will not be required to ride the WTC bus to and from school as long as the proper documentation/provisions that are set per School Board Policy are in place at the high school.