Stockbridge Area Educational Foundation
Officers and Directors
Jennifer M. Hammerberg, President
Charles D. Wisman, Vice President
Lyn St. Dennis, Treasurer
Caitlyn Salow, Secretary
To make donations to the Stockbridge Area Educational Foundation, please contact Karl Heidrich at 517-851-7188.
For SAEF grant applications, please contact Karl Heidrich at 517-851-7188.
For scholarship information, please contact the High School Counselor Leslie Cummings.
15th Festival of Tables Winners 2018
Congratulations to the 2018 FOT winners
First Place: Stockbridge Lions Club
Second Place: Animal Blood Resources
Third Place: Stockbridge State Bank
The event was held at Heritage School on Saturday, March 24, 2018. All the proceeds raised at the festival will be invested back into our community via scholarships and grants during the coming year. The evening was catered by St. Joseph Mercy, Chelsea, which provided amazing food! Decadent desserts were provided by Laura O’Brien Sweets & Treats.
Raffle: All cash prizes were awarded in 2018. Need not be present to win.
Watch for an opportunity to join us next year!
14th Annual Festival of Tables Winners
Congratulations 2017 Festival of Tables Winners
The Stockbridge Area Educational Foundation (SAEF) is proud to announce the Table Decorating Winners from the 14th annual Festival of Tables.
First Place: Lion’s Club
Second Place: Farmer’s State Bank
Third Place: Animal Blood Resource International
The event was held at Heritage School on Saturday, March 25, 2017. All the proceeds raised at the festival will be invested back into our community via scholarships and grants during the coming year. The evening was catered by St. Joseph Mercy, Chelsea, which provided amazing food! Decadent desserts were provided by Laura O’Brien Sweets & Treats.
The raffle, offering a 60″ 4K UHD TV or $500 cash, along with gift certificate winners are always favorites. Usually held the third Saturday in March. Watch for an opportunity to join us next year!
1st Place: Lion’s Club
2nd Place: Farmer’s State Bank
3rd Place: Animal Blood Resource International
Apply for Grants
Stockbridge Area Education Educational Foundation
100 Price Ave Stockbridge, MI 49285
517-851-7188 fax 517-851-8334
The Stockbridge Area Educational Foundation will accept grant proposals on a quarterly basis, as funds permit. Deadlines for applications are January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1 of each calendar year.
Those seeking funding must provide the information requested below before the deadline. Your proposal will be reviewed and a decision will be made at the next regular quarterly meeting of the Stockbridge Area Educational Foundation Board of Directors. These meetings are held the last Thursday of January, April, July, and October. Only proposals that qualify, according to the mission and purpose of the Foundation, will be reviewed.
To fund programs and projects that create or enhance educational opportunities available to area residents
To promote the education of area residents and to enhance the educational opportunities available to all of its citizens.
Our area includes those served by the Stockbridge Community School District.
Please complete the grant application and provide the requested information.
Please submit proposals to: Stockbridge Area Educational Foundation, Care of the Superintendent, 100 Price Avenue, Stockbridge, MI 49285
Please use include the include following information when completeing your application:
GRANT APPLICATION COVER SHEET
- Date of Application
- Name of Applicant
- Contact Person/Title/Phone Number
- FAX Number
- Project Name
- Summary of Grant Purpose (one sentence)
- Number of individuals who will benefit from the project
- Email Address
- Dates of the Project: Total Project Cost
- Date Submitted
- Amount Requested
- Typed Name and Title
- Signature of Grant Applicant
- Signature of Building Principal (if applicable)
- Also include the following information in narrative form
- Statement of needs/problems to be addressed; description of target population and how its members will benefit
- Project goals
- Individuals who will be involved in the project and their roles
- A list of additional funds from other sources that will be used for this project
- Timetable for implementation
- Estimated budget
- How the project will be evaluated and information supplied to the Foundation six months after award
Apply for Scholarships
Stockbridge Area Educational Foundation
100 Price Ave, Stockbridge, Michigan 49285
Scholarship Application Information
To apply for scholarships sponsored by the Stockbridge Area Educational Foundation please provide the information numbered as items 1-15 listed below. As you read through the scholarships available please note that there are specific requirements for some. For example: The Don E. Krummrey Scholarship is for majors In Engineering, The Donna E. Schumacher Memorial Scholarship requires attendance at Michigan State University.In addition, the Munith-Fitchburg Veterans Memorial Scholarship requires further information. If you decide to apply for the Munith-Fitchburg Veterans Memorial Scholarship scholarship, please provide that information numbered as items 16 and 17.
The application deadline for SAEF scholarships is the Thursday before spring break. Send your completed application information to your high school counselor as a PDF attachment. Please note that some scholarships may not be awarded every year and that scholarship awards may vary from the amount listed due to available funds.
- Full name
- Residence address
- High School grade point average
- The educational institution you plan to attend.
- Date of acceptance if received.
- Your major or intended field of study.
- Include a 300-word essay: “From your experiences with school, family, community, and volunteer service, what insights about yourself have you gained? How have those insights shaped your educational, societal, and career goals?”
- List and briefly describe your community service and extra-curricular activities. Include school or non-school related activities such as volunteering, sports, church, student organizations, and work.
- Include two letters supporting your application from members of the community, such as from a businessperson, church member, teacher, or mentor. Only one of these letters may come from a school district employee.
- List other family members who are currently attending an institution of higher education.
- How long have you attended Stockbridge Community Schools?
- Has your family filed a FASFA?
- List the scholarships for which you wish to be considered.
- (For use if applying for the Munith-Fitchburg Scholarship)
- (For use if applying for the Munith-Fitchburg Scholarship)
Stockbridge Area Educational Foundation Scholarship -Awarded to graduates of Stockbridge High School based on GPA, essay content, activity and achievements during high school, as well as letters of support. The award amount is commonly between $250 - $1,000.
Laura M. Goodin Memorial Scholarship - Awarded to graduates of Stockbridge High School based on extra-curricular participation, GPA, and letters of support. Preference may be given to participants in Cheer. The award amount is commonly $250.
Munith-Fitchburg Veterans Memorial Post 525 Scholarship -Awarded to high school graduates from Stockbridge, East Jackson, or Grass Lake who live in, or have ties to, the Waterloo Area. Priority is given to offspring of a member of the Munith-Fitchburg American Legion Post 526, or the offspring of a veteran. Essay and letters of support are also considerations. The award is intended for those who study a skilled trade or vocational training program, or applicants to a college or university. This award amount is commonly $1,000. *Award consideration requires you provide(as #16) the name and Post Number of relatives who have been members of the American Legion, or are veterans, and (as #17) a paragraph describing your connection to the Waterloo Area.
Richard C. Howlett Scholarship - Awarded to graduates of Stockbridge High School based on college major; education, civics, or government. Also considered are GPA, essay content, activity and achievements during high school, along with letters of support. The award amount is commonly $1,000.
Don E. Krummrey Memorial Scholarship - Awarded to graduates of Stockbridge High School accepted at an accredited college or university majoring in engineering. Letters of support and GPA are also considerations. Commonly the award amount is $500.
Darwin D. Snider Memorial Scholarship - Awarded to graduates of Stockbridge High School for college, technical, or vocational training with an emphasis on (STEM) science, technology, engineering, or math. STEM related awards during high school, GPA, and letters of support are considerations. Commonly the award amount is $500.
Donna E. Schumacher Memorial Scholarship - Awarded to graduates of Stockbridge High School attending Michigan State University with a major in special education, elementary education, or mathematics education; or mathematics independent of a teacher-training program. Consideration will also be given to majors in the natural sciences independent of a teacher-training program. Essay statements and letters of support are additional considerations. The award amount is up to $5,000 divided equally between first and second semester following confirmation of MSU enrollment. An applicant interview prior to award consideration may be requested Family members are encouraged to attend.
Richard A. Hoard Memorial Football Scholarship - Awarded to graduates of Stockbridge High School based on extra-curricular participation, essay content, and letters of support. Preference may be given to football participants. The award amount is commonly $250.
Bruce Wm. Brown Scholarship - Awarded to graduates of Stockbridge High School based on volunteer and community service activity during high school. Essay statements, GPA, years as a Stockbridge student, and letters of support are additional considerations. The award amount is commonly $1,000.
How To Donate
Looking to donate to the SAEF?
There are several ways to donate:
- Attend our Annual Signature Fundraising Event: The Festival Of Tables
- Consider including us in your will. Below is a sample of the language you can include in your will.
- Donate Directly to the S.A.E.F. Contact any member of the Board or stop into the office at Smith, Heritage or Stockbridge High School.
- Donate to The Jackson County Community Foundation for the sole benefit of the Stockbridge Area Educational Foundation:
Stockbridge Area Educational Endowment Fund
Munith-Fitchburg Veterans Memorial Scholarship Fund
Helen B. Mitteer Memorial Scholarship Fund
When you or your business makes a gift to one of The Jackson County Community Foundation’s endowment funds (such as the Stockbridge Area Educational Foundation funds named above), your contribution may be tax deductible? Please check with your Accountant regarding current Tax laws.
Sample Estate Language
I bequeath to the Stockbridge Area Educational Foundation of Stockbridge, Michigan, a Michigan nonprofit [501(c)(3)] organization, (dollar amount or a %) of my estate for deposit to the Foundation for scholarships and/or educational grants administered by the Foundation (Tax ID: 38-3621050). The Foundation is located at 100 Price Avenue, Stockbridge, MI 49285.